Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pineapple Cake

Since my husband has been out of town recently, I haven't bothered with a weekly menu.  So instead I thought I would post my recipe for one of my favorite cakes... Pineapple Cake.  This cake is so moist and rich, it melts in your mouth.  Enjoy!   

Cake:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups crushed pineapple with juice (20 oz. can)
Beat egg and sugar.  Add remaining ingredients.  Mix gently and bake in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  

Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 egg yolk
Melt butter in heavy pan.  Add sugar to melted butter.  In a small bowl, combine evaporated milk and egg yolk.  Add milk and egg to pan.  Stir until it boils for 6 minutes.  Cool.  Drizzle over cake. 

No comments: