I have been so horrible about blogging recently and I apoligize. Things have just been busy plus, I must admit, that I haven't felt much like writing. Nothing worth getting into--just a small case of the "mommy blues." I do want to be better about writing though so here is my feeble attempt.
As far as what we have been up too...
We recently had a wonderful visit from my mom, followed by a brief visit from my brother Nathan and his cute little family. It was so nice to have my mom here. Kobe and Ellie love her soo much. When they are pretend playing, they usually ask me to be "the swimming teacher" or "Calliou's mom." Now they just ask me to be Nana. She spoiled them and of course they loved every minute of it. It was nice to soften the devastating blow of Nana's departure by having a visit by their cousin Juni. We are so excited that she is coming back in few weeks to stay a little longer.
Prior to that, we took a weekend camping trip to Bear Valley. It was beautiful and a great place to take Kobe, Ellie and Addison for their first official camping trip. The above slide show are some pictures from the camping trip as well as a few from a day hike that we took last month.
Addison was baptized last weekend. She is so precious and we were proud to officially introduce her to our congregation.
Last, but certainly not least, with some hesitation, I think it is safe to say that Kobe and Ellie are almost potty trained! They have been using the potty everyday for the past 4 days, the last 2 with no accidents at all. Kobe just woke up and decided he wanted to wear his big boy car underwear and Ellie just followed suit. I am really hoping that it sticks! Having 3 kids in diapers is not only taxing, but expensive!
This weekend Jeff and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. Today we went on a long bike ride and stopped for a drink at the new Lucky 13. Even though Addison came along for the ride, it was nice to have a date and to spend time talking and catching up. We haven't had any opportunity to do that lately. I am so blessed to have such a giving and loving husband. I thank my lucky stars for him everyday.
So that's it for the fast and furious update. Hopefully I will do a little better about future blogs. Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That looks like the funnest camping trip! Did you edit out the hard parts or was it all smiles?! You guys are the cutest family. That picture of Addison on the table cracked me up!! Thanks for the update! Love and miss you...Auntie Sash
Post a Comment