Wednesday, October 8, 2008

do, re, mi, fa...

Sew!  As many of you know, little Ellie is pretty much obsessed with dresses and skirts. It has gotten to the point where trying to get her to wear anything else almost always results in tears and time-outs... 

Her favorite skirt was made for her by her Aunt Hillary.  She LOVES it and when it was literally falling apart, I decided I needed to get out my sewing machine.  I found some darling skirt patterns on-line which were very simple and quick to make.  My new favorite site is www.sewmamasew.com.  The blog has some great ideas as well as many links to on-line tutorials.  These skirts are so fun to make and since Ellie is pretty small, it hardly takes any material at all thus making them really inexpensive. 
  
While surfing this site I also came across this smock pattern for little Addie.  (Smocket Pattern) It's reversible and has a little pocket in front.  Again, very simple, quick and fun.  
My next goal is to try to find something fun for Mr. Kobe.  I think he's feeling a little neglected as he continually is asking me if I'll make him a skirt!   Does anyone have a pattern for a John Deere Tractor?  


2 comments:

Sasha said...

No wonder you have no time for facebook! I can't stand how cute those outfits are!!!! I will keep my eye out for cute fabric!! And ideas for Kobe. Overalls?? hmm.

hillary said...

Oh. . . how did I miss these posts? I didn't know you had gotten all your cute sewing stuff posted!!! I love the skirt and the darling smocket!! You are talented for sure. Lucky kids. I'd be happy to teach you an easy way to whip up some pants for Kobe!