- If I think the baby is teething, or might be teething, or is thinking of teething give her some Ibuprofen for goodness sakes! (I really need to let go of my medication hang-ups)
- My husband is on my side--ALWAYS!
- A walk around the block can really change your perspective on things.
- It's okay to sit and do nothing. Really, it is.
- I need to remind myself over and over again that colds, teething, broken ankles all will heal. "This too shall pass."
- When the kids are fussy the first question I should ask is, "Could they be hungry, thirsty or tired?"
- When I am fussy the first question I need to ask myself is, "Am I hungry, thirsty or tired?" (Even though the answer to the later is always, "YES!")
- Twenty-four hours can make a big difference.
- If the kids watch 2+hours of T.V. on days like this, they will not drop in I.Q. points.
- Sugar + kids = bad behavior
- Everything happens for a reason.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Things I always forget... but really ought to remember
So far, this week has been a tough one. Jeff had ankle surgery on Monday and spent two nights in the hospital, his Uncle Glen passed away early Tuesday morning, Kobe ate 50 vitamin C tablets yesterday, all three kids have miserable colds and Addie is cutting all four incisors. Last night as I laid in bed feeling like I had just spent the day starring in the movie "Mommy Dearest," I began reflecting on the past couple of days, thinking of all the things I should have and could have done differently. For some reason, it always seems that when things become stressful, my common sense just gets lost amidst the chaos. Maybe it's sleep deprivation or maybe it is that "fight or flight" syndrome, but whatever it is, I always look back on days like this and think, "I know better than that! What was I thinking?" So here is my list of the "Things I always forget but really ought to remember." Perhaps writing them down will help me to remember next time or perhaps the next time I am in crisis YOU, my dear friends and family, can remind me of some of these things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you!
Uh Oh - can I add to your list of stresses by telling you we will be there next week? I hope that Juniper will be a distraction for the kids and maybe I can help so you can take care of your hubby?
Post a Comment