Tuesday, November 18, 2008

College Bound


Exciting news in the Schatz household... 

Last night Jessica received a call from the admissions counselor at George Fox University and she's in!  She is so excited.  Her direct words were, "Yeah, now I get to drink a lot of coffee and talk about books.  But since I'm going to be in Oregon,  I'm going to stop shaving and begin wearing hemp clothing."  Jess visited the George Fox campus located in Newberg, Oregon in October.  She loved it and immediately completed the early application process.  Newberg is a small community just outside of Portland which was really appealing to her.  


Jessica gives us so many reasons to be proud of her.  I am so impressed that she made her choice based on what she wanted, not what others wanted for her.  That's pretty impressive at 17!  I have been teary all morning thinking about what life will be like with her so far away.  We are going to miss her so much and I don't even know how I'm going to explain this one to Kobe and Ellie.  I am so happy for her though and I am certain she is on her way to greatness. Now than, does anyone know the link for FAFSA?  

2 comments:

Green Fab 4 said...

Oh my goodness...how can she be that big? I just remember her coming to the office and making photocopies of her face...she seemed so little then!!

Sasha said...

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Oh that made me teary too!! I am SOOO proud that she made the decision to go away to a school she liked!! WOW. I am so excited for her!! When will she leave? Next fall?