Saturday, November 22, 2008

Someone deserved a talking to...

 I thought this was so ironic.  The CEO of Chrysler, Ford and GM met with lawmakers last week to seek financial help and ask for bail-out money.  EACH one of the CEO's flew his own private jet to Washington.  They have not disclosed actual costs but they have estimated that each flight cost approximately $20,000.00!!!  Apparently, they got a real talkin' to and pretty much were sent home (on their private jets of course) with their tails between their legs.  One representative made the comment, "It's like coming to a soup kitchen in a top hat and a tuxedo." I loved it!  This may be wishful thinking but hopefully the government will be able to strong-arm them into really stepping up the production of green vehicles.  We'll keep our fingers crossed.  Here's the article  I read if your interested.  There is also link on the sidebar to the video clip of Michael Moore's interview on Larry King discussing the auto bailout.  I thought he made some great points.  

No comments: